Friday, April 23, 2010

Life Happens

Life has been beyond stressful for me. My weight training class ended and my hubby has taken my obligation free evenings as an opportunity for him to get caught up at work. I do not blame him for this... I want him to be less stressed.. but oh me oh my... being home alone with my kids for 12-13 hours a day (and NOT having time away in the evenings) takes its toll on me. NOT TO MENTION.. he is salaried so I can't even use retail therapy as a stress reliever! Instead.. I sit at home and play on facebook, and think about everything I want to do and be and see and occasionally... cry.
Exercise makes me a better me. I am a better everything to everyone when I take a little time for myself. It is EXHAUSTING to try to be everything to everyone all the time.. when there is no time for me. I'm tired. I would love to get out this weekend... but the forecast is WET!! I will most definitely be doing 8 miles on the treadmill on Sunday so there is my bonus but SHEESH! I need a day at the spa! Anyone want to pay? I'm good company! ;o)
PS. I'm still going to the gym at 5 am... but when you go that early you feel lazy the whole rest of the day. UGH!

3 comments:

M and A said...

hope you get some free time this weekend!

ITA about being worn out after 5am gym sessions. when i started exercising last year, i went at 5am (now i go around 8ish, which is better) and was sooooo tired!!!! i'm sure for me it was a combo of getting up earlier than normal and exercising which was NEW to me. my body was in MAJOR shock! i think it took naps almost everyday for about 2 months!

Moi said...

Oh sweetie. Life sucks sometimes. Although I can't appreciate totaly what you are going through but I get it. It is what we do in the tough times that really matter.

Good for you for still doing the 5 am. You are a super duper trooper. Amazing in so many ways.

Chin up baby. Things will get better soon.

Jessica B said...

I am sorry that you are so confined. I am planning to go see you soon so maybe that will help to get a little change of pace. I miss you guys so much!