Sunday, August 23, 2009

Knee Boarding

Last summer I made my first attempt at knee boarding. I was a miserable failure and couldn't even manage to flex my tummy enough to get my legs anywhere near the board. It was a horrible time and I was incredibly disappointed with myself. Luckily I was still in my excuses faze and was able to blame everything on the fact that I had had a baby within the last 3 months. The truth, I'm sure.. is that I was WAY too big and my stomach was week because I was WAY out of shape.
Yesterday I made my second attempt at knee boarding. I was thrilled to find that I could get my legs up on the board with ease and even get into an upright position. The BUMMER was that I was too weak in my arms to hold on to the rope with one hand without being pulled over the front of the knee board. I was able to get up several times but never managed to stay in that position long enough to say I was actually knee boarding. My arms and chest muscles feel like they got a good workout... but I'm still bummed that I am nowhere near being a pro yet.
Must get to the lake soon... if only I had a boat! ;o)

No comments: