Friday, August 28, 2009

What a week!

Okay.. so I spent the weekend splurging like MAD and I paid for it on the scale. I seriously was seeing some UGLY numbers at the beginning of the week and it has caused me to refocus and get ready to take on the 120's!! I've become a devoted fan of http://www.livestrong.com/ . My older/smaller sister used this website as a fantastic tool in a competition she was in. I tried to use it a while ago but never took the time to "figure it out". It's actually VERY user friendly and I think I am now OFFICIALLY addicted! Basically, you say how much you want to lose per week and it tells you how many calories to consume. You can track VIRTUALLY anything in this program.... I.E. this morning I ate Kashi Honey Sunshine for breakfast... I type in Kashi Honey Sunshine and it has ALL the nutritional facts for it... SO COOL!!!

The other awesome thing is the motivation. I sit down at the end of the day to enter my final totals and think OH DEAR!!! I have eaten 50 extra calories, or I'm only 50 calories shy... what if I forgot something? THEN... I say to my husband... MUST GO RUNNING!!! MUST BURN CALORIES!!!

I've discovered that I can avoid traffic by running switch backs up and down the streets in my area. I end up about 12 blocks west of my house but have managed to get a few miles out of the switch backs.... this is also only going one block north and one block south of my street! NOT TOO SHABBY!! I've also noticed that I run a WHOLE LOT FASTER when I am on the streets. The treadmill seems to slow me down. One more thing... I run at dusk... which encourages me to "run faster to get home before dark!"

I've got to the gym twice this week and worked on my arms. I need to be better at going... it's frustrating to get there and not really know what to do as far as weight training goes. Wish I had a trainer... just can't afford it! Maybe I can get my BFF's hubby to come and give me a list again! HE IS AWESOME! (And a personal trainer... if only he weren't an hour away!)

This week I had the opportunity to go out with a couple of gals from the Biggest Loser comp AND my 2 sisters. We took some pics....

This picture brings me to my newest issue. It seems that my mid section is getting bigger somehow. I continue to lose weight BUT I swear my tummy looks bigger. I'd like to think that it is just shrinking at a different rate than the rest of me and this is why I have this lovely muffin top but honestly... I just don't know how to deal with it. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

3 comments:

M and A said...

i just want to say that you look great and have done an awesome job @ your weightloss! congrats!

Kristi said...

Hey! It's been about a month since I checked in with you last (or at least it seems like it's been that long). Dang girl, you are still going strong! Coming up on 120's!! From a D to an A! Down to a 6! Smalls & xs's! Wow! 60 pounds! You have got to be feeling on top of the world! You look amazing. Way to go!!!

Jessicah said...

I think I'm going to check out livestrong.com. I've completely lost focus, and I know that I have no excuse except for sheer laziness. You are looking great (wish I could say the same for myself). I'd say that I would join in the other competion you are in, but sadly I am so beyond broke that I couldn't even fathom where I would get the money from to join in. I still will try to keep my blog updated though :o) love ya!