Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Days/GOAL Days!!

Well... this summer has been unique in that an entire month was swallowed whole by an unexpected move which required more than your normal moving effort. (We had to move stuff out of the house [we were moving into] in order to move into the house! Throughout the summer of baseball, taekwondo, moving, camping, mini-vacaying and boys FiGhtInG (AHHH!!!!) I have managed to continue to shed a few lbs by limiting my carb/calorie intake but have not had a whole lot of time to exercise.

SOOO... today is the first day of school. I'm way nervous for my boys but umm... SOOOO EXCITED for the return of such marvelous endeavors as NAP TIME!!! And AFTERNOON WALKS!!

I've still got my treadmill (which I intend to use during nap time) and have picked back up a 1/2 marathon. I had planned to run one THIS Saturday but got way sidetracked with moving so now I am starting my training all over again and planning to run a 1/2 marathon in Loveland Colorado on November 7th! My GOAL for the 1/2 is 2:24. This would be an 11 minute mile average, which I KNOW is way do-able. My 5k average is closer to 8:30 per mile so 11 should be a breeze RIGHT? Either way... I'm excited to start finding new running routes in my new little town. This poses a challenge because there is so much traffic here and avoiding busy streets will be near impossible. I am excited that we live on the edge of the city and there are lots of country roads around so I KNOW I can come up with routes that avoid stop lights but nothing else is a guarantee. SO MANY CARS EVERYWHERE. I don't know if I am more nervous than I ought to be about it... but I actually had a friend from high school who was killed while running on a road in the evening, by a 15 year old drunk driver who actually drove off after the incident (and had to be tracked down by the police)... so I worry about cars running me over.

I am getting to the last 4 weeks of a competition that I am in and as long as I get 3rd place, I'll double the money I spent to enter. There are some great competitors in the competition and they help push me along. I've decided that if i don't win it won't be because I didn't work hard enough.. it will just come down to not having enough to lose!! So.. in the next 4 weeks I plan to get very near to my goal.. within 5 lbs of it!! So wish me luck and watch for more frequent posting as I edge toward my size 3 jeans! ;o)

Here are some current pics for anyone interested!

This one is after a great (short) game of mud volleyball.. so bummed I washed my legs BEFORE the picture. I look like a dork BUT... you can totally see how my shape is doing! ;o)

1 comment:

Melissa Davis said...

Karilynn! you look AWESOME!!!! Good for you! Sorry the move set back your running stuff, but you will get back on track...summer is hard all together!