Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New pants...

I must admit that throughout this journey it has been fun to buy pants. I remember the first time I fit into a single digit size!! It felt AWESOME!!! Well, after years of shoving my HUGE body into a size 16/18 with massive amounts of hangover... I am a little timid about lowrise jeans, and jeans that really let it all HANG OUT!! I wear pants that I know are a little too big in order to protect myself from the muffin top... SO.. I haven't bought pants in a while... my size 7/8's were getting kind of ridiculously large and so.. today.. I stepped into Plato's Closet to buy smaller jeans. Umm... let me just say that I am still incredibly frustrated by my skin literally hanging over the edge of my pants but... after trying on like 15 different pairs of size 5/6 jeans... I had to admit to myself that they were not flattering... and try on size 3/4!!! HOLY BANANAS!!! One year ago almost to the day I bought 2 pairs of size 2 Lane Bryant jeans (these are the equivalent of a 16 and I pretty much had to lay down to zip them up!!). Today... I bought 3 different brands of size 3 jeans... IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!! One year... of hard work... and not giving up on myself... I would never have imagined this day would come.. but it's here! It's reality!! It feels FANTASTIC!!!

8 comments:

Spitfire said...

WOW, congratulations. I imagine that felt unbelievable! You did the work, now enjoy the rewards. This fall, watch ME buy MY single digit pants...too excited for words!

M and A said...

congratulations! remember you worked for it and worked hard!

i'm thrilled and addicted to maurices because i can wear size 1/2! shocked and thrilled! i'm going to become a regular loyal customer because of their sizing! LOL

Karilynn said...

Hey MAMA!! I think we might be the same size! ;o) I tried on some Maurices brand size 3's that were TOO BIG!! But.. just to keep this competitive and all that jazz... I'd probably need a ZERO! ;o)

Melissa Davis said...

WOW!! Congrats! That's so awesome...now take a picture so we can all see!!

M and A said...

DAMN! i have 2 pairs of 3/4 and i don't like to wear them anymore because it looks like i have a load in my ass! i wore them shopping sunday and was running into the stores (avoiding the rain) and had to hold my drawers! LOL i can easily yank them down to pee w/o unzipping! he he sadly they are NEW! i love them, just wish they fit me! waste of money i guess! so now the only pair that fit are the 1/2's and they are NOT tight! i have plenty of wiggle room for the holiday's! LOL atleast they are cheap enough to buy more! maybe if you have some 1/2's that are too big for you, you can hand them down to me ;o)

The Miller Family said...

i think we need pics of this! congrats!!!

Vicki said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Honestly... since January I have been impressed by your willingness to work. I remember you getting up at an hour I wouldn't even consider and going to work out. You deserve it! Definitely.

rochelle said...

Karilynn, that is so amazing! That is my goal for next year. Your efforts have absolutely paid off!