Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life!

I found out recently that we have a lot of money in an HRA that we really need to use or lose.. which started me on my quest to improve my imperfections.  My FIRST attempt was lasik eye surgery.  Basically... I've worn glasses since I was like 7 and I am pretty blind.  UNFORTUNATELY I don't qualify for lasik.  My corneas are too thin for the amount of correction I need!!  They Dr. told me to wait for technology to catch up to me... DANGIT!!
So next I hit the dentist hoping they could give me a quick fix/gorgeous smile.  2 different dentists told me to go to an orthodontist and SO..... I'm getting braces on August 25th at the ripe old age of 30.  It may sound slightly insane BUT it will not only fix my smile, it will fix the misalignment in my jaw.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to do top AND bottom braces or just top but right now.. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to do the top.  The bottom won't show in my smile anyway.. and the orthodontist really feels like fixing my top teeth will help bring my jaw forward.  I'm sure no one but me cares about any of this but i had to write it down. 
Hope you are all doing fantastic!

No comments: