Sunday, February 22, 2009

More calories?

So last night I was able to attend the "girls night out!" SO MUCH FUN!! It was neat to recognize people from their pictures and so fun to just hang out and chat while we ate some dang good food. There was no one trying to sell us anything.. (except the waiter and dessert)! Can't wait to attend another one.

I was excited to kind of talk with everyone about my struggles right now. I realized the other day that I am at the weight I was at for about 5 years between my 2nd and 3rd child. This is kind of the pit I was always in any time I tried to lose weight! It was so great to be able to talk to everyone and get some feedback on what could be going wrong for me. The general consensus seemed to be that I need to EAT MORE CALORIES!! Kind of a bizarre concept but I am definitely going to try it. At this point anything is better than hanging out in a rut. AND I have seen a couple of different instances on the Biggest Loser where eating more calories REALLY paid off. So THANKS for the great advice girls... I'll let you know how it works. :o)

Oh and ROCHELLE.... can't wait to see those AWESOME pics! ;o)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Wasn't that fun? It was so fun getting to talk to you and getting to know you! Your awesome! Keep working, you are doing the right things, something will change!

Kristi said...

Glad to hear the girls night out was so much fun! I saw those episodes of the BL too. Mainly that one of the young boy (brown team of father & son) and they determined he wasn't getting his calories in. Sure enough, the next week he lost a lot of weight. Amazing how that works.

So, good luck figuring out the right amount of calories and tweaking what you've been doing. Of course, you've done awesome so far anyway!!!!

Christi said...

I't was fun last night. About the more calories. On ww it is called Wendies plan. The idea is pretty simple. To jump start your metabolism you eat caloric wise like this: Day 1:low Day 2: high Day 3:low Day 4:very high:Day 5:very low Day 6:high Day 7:med. high. Start over again. Very high doesn't mean 10,000 calories more, only 200-400 more. You can read about it here: http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm