Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Triumph!

I weighed myself today... I don't actually own a scale so it requires me to go to Nicholettes and I am excited to report that the number did go down! HOORAY!! I'm in the 170's! I till have 8 lbs to go to reach my goal of being in the 160's by the next weigh in but I am going to work my butt off to get there. I actually liked what Kristi was saying about it seeming to take a week to see results because it helps me put it into a better perspective. (Because the week of the weigh in I actually missed 3 workouts due to illness!) I realize too that my new attention to caloric intake may have contributed to my plateau and I'm hoping that my body is adjusting and finally out of survival mode! So hopefully the lbs keep dropping off.

I found a new setting on the treadmill that I really like! It kicks my butt, which I think is why I like it so much. I am having some trouble with my LEFT knee so I've decided to lay off the running for now. I'm replacing it with speed walking on crazy incline intervals 5 days and running on the 6th. I figure that as the weight comes off, my knee will take less of the blow and running will kind of just happen. Probably not a lot of truth to that but I can lie to myself a little right?

Yesterday I found my old college ID cards and my boys and hubby were amazed. They were really cute and telling me that I am going to be that skinny again and asking me questions like "when you are skinny can you go down the big slide at Kangaroo Zoo?" It was awesome to feel like THEY believe I'm going to do it! And it confirmed that they SEE how hard I'm working!!!

2 MORE WEEKS!! (Thanks Vicki) I'll be 169.9 in 2 more weeks! ;o)

4 comments:

Kim and Adam said...

OMG!!!! Your freakin ROCK! I am so proud of you that is GREAT!!! Your are going to be so SKINNY!!! MILF more like it lol!

Elise said...

Great job Kari!!! Yeah for a loss! Wow - you are an inspiration girl.

Kristi said...

Hey, congrats to you too today!!!! Feels good to see a new lower number, huh? Motivation. Motivation. Keep going. You can do it. That's what I tell myself too.

Speaking of the "it seems to take a week to show a difference on the scale". Another example...the very first week we started this I was 100% dieting & exercising and only lost 1/2 lbs. Then week 2 I was 95% into it and yet I lost 2.5 lbs! Sometimes I feel like if I have a killer workout and great eating day that the scale should show it the next day. It doesn't. In fact, the other night I splurged and ate an ice cream blizzard and woke up to a new lower # on the scale! Go figure. So that's why I think my hard work seems to pay off on the scale about a week later. So I have to tell myself to get at it this week so that I like the results next week too.

I do wish there was more instant gratification though. LOL

Vicki said...

YES! That is so awesome that you are in the 170's . You are doing so SO well. You are a force. I am glad you post so frequently, because you help me keep my motivation up.