Sunday, March 7, 2010

That damn ticker!

At the top of my blog is a ticker... a ticker that says I'm 7.6 lbs away from my goal. The ticker doesn't bother me on most days but today... it's haunting me. You see.. the ticker is a goal I set back when I had a "NUMBER" goal and since then I've changed my goal BUT I have no way of really knowing how I'm doing when it comes to my body fat %. ANYWAY.. that goal represents being in the 1-teens... something I HAVE NOT BEEN since I was in high school.
I haven't really pushed the "losing weight thing" since this new competition started BECAUSE.. I didn't pay into it and I'm NOT competing. Hmm.. this makes me sad! I love competition. I love pushing myself if for nothing else than to push others. SO...
WHO WANTS A COMPETITION?!!?
I'm going to warn you that I am a brutal competitor and can surely kick your trash! ;o) Really.. if I can reach this number goal this month it will be more than 6% lost. But... I know it will be funner to do it if I feel like I'm PUSHING YOU to work harder. So... first off.. I'm calling out MINDY! That's right Mindy... this is for you! I DARE YOU TO BEAT ME THIS MONTH!!! (And I know you can do it!) BRANDY! Umm, yesssss, you! I KNOW that you can beat me and I am totally willing to help you any way I can... including by being that "stupid skinny b who is NOT going to beat you!!". DEBBIE!! You know you've wanted to kick my butt in more ways then one since you first started reading my blog. I know you've got it in you so BRING IT!! BEAT ME!! I know you can... but do you know you can?!?! And last but not least... I'm calling out my little bro JUSTIN!!! Why Justin? Because I love you and I would love to kick your butt! That just sounds fun!
And of course... I invite anyone to take the challenge. I'm happy to make a side wager if that would be additional incentive! ANYONE?!!? If you have been called out.. please comment and let me know if "it's on" if you haven't been called out but want to kick my ass... BRING IT!! (and comment!)
If you think I'm slightly insane.. you aren't alone! I get that A LOT!!
I'm so excited to have a little competition!! WHO'S IN?!?!?

10 comments:

Mindy said...

he he he... you bet your sweet skinny ass i'm in!!! Bring it! if you wanna add some side cash let me know. i'm in for that too!

Amanda said...

hmmmmmmm....I think You rock! Way to raise the heat on us all. That would be killer if you hit that number mark! I would love to say I can beat a 6% plus loss....but.....I am freaking out that I've done so well I am for sure going to flat line and stay the same...

Jessica B said...

Hell yes Im in and Justin is whether he likes it or NOT! Haha he has already said this is his month so...we are in. I wanna hit my goal this month too, so that will be my insentive!

Em said...

I was laughing at the response post that Debbie posted on her blog. I think I too felt the tug of jealousy and thinking that you were slightly crazy and obsessed about the weight loss. But maybe for the chubbettes club, that's what it takes. So maybe, just maybe, I too will compete. I am rejoining the gym tomorrow and I already am a part of Weight Watcher's. So maybe, just maybe, this fat girl will bring it too.

Brandy said...

So in. See my blog for full response. It may be a silly one but hey it's like 2 am and I have to be up in 2 hrs for the gym so you get what you get, LOL

Our Fam said...

If you want a side bet, Im up for it. What are the terms?

Kim said...

I just finished reading everyones response blogs, and I am so not going near this one. =) It will be fun to watch though!

Brandon said...

I'm in!! I might actually have some competition this month I see. Just make sure you don't fall too far behind or you'll never catch up to me! Ha!

K10 said...

I want in!!!What are the rules?

Elise said...

I'm in! I may not beat you...but I'm going to try! You always seem to find a way to push us in ways we can't ourselves!!! THANK YOU!!! I want a side wager! Since we live near each other I think it should involve a shopping trip - just us - no kids...something along those lines! What do you think???